Saturday, November 30, 2013

30 Days of Thankfulness

Day 1: 
Thankful for early release days and free lunches.  We have both today.  We never have enough of these!

Day 2: 
Thankful for my updated house.  Daniel and I thought it was never going to end, or that we would survive agreeing (and compromising) on so many things, but we did it!  And its so purty!

Day 3: 
Thankful for my church family.  What great, intellectual Christians that we enjoy being around.  Also love the thriving kids classes at the church.  Daniel and I had 24 4-5 year olds in our Childrens Church today!

Day 4:
Thankful for my mild, non eventful upbringing. I see so many sad stories with parents not being parents. I grew up in a loving, supportive household with 2 parents. Not many people can say that these days.

Day 5: 
Thankful for the internet.  With it my students can make cool commercials for their 'business' they created.  I can look up things to prove my husband wrong.  I can share pictures of the ones I love to the ones I love.  So many upsides, I don't care about the bad sides.

Day 6:
Thankful for my brother and sister.  I don't see them as often as I'd like (yes, even my sister) but I can call them whenever for a good laugh.

Day 7:
Thankful for naps.  Everyone should know why.

Day 8:
Thankful for my students.  I may not appreciate every single one, every single day, but I am grateful to have the opportunity to teach them life lessons in my classes.  If they can just learn to write a check correctly, my year is made!

Day 9:
Thankful for my iPhone.  I swore I didn't need one and then I became addicted.  It keeps me well organized and well informed.

Day 10:
Thankful for a job where I don't necessarily have to worry about lay offs or not know if I will get vacation time or not.  If I had stayed in the position I was in before I came to be a teacher, I would have been laid off with tons of bills to pay. 

Day 11:
Thankful for my daughter who is 11 months old today.  Such a big girl with big smiles she greets me with every morning.

Day 12: 
Thankful for manners. We watched a video on the brand "Coca-Cola" and out of 24 students I only heard about 4 people say"thank you" for the can of Coca-Cola I just handed to them. 

Day 13: 
Thankful for my health. We just got over a week of the stomach bug running through our family. I bounced back better than some of the others. "Ain't no body got time for that!" 

Day 14:
Thankful to those who helped us pull off selling popcorn for our local food bank, today. In 3 hours we earned $215 and a handful of canned goods to give, not too shabby!

Day 15:
Thankful for growing up in a 'normal' household.  Or what I think is normal, anyway.

Day 16:
Thankful for my new grocery store in town, Brookshires.  Although the prices may be a little higher, I enjoy the products, service, and cleanliness.  I also love that its not too far from my house, so I don't mind running over there if needed.

Day 17: 
Thankful for my Dad, whose birthday is today.  A quiet guy who works hard and loves his family.  He taught (and teaches) me about location, location, location and planning my work, and working my plan. 

Day 18:
Thankful for my son who will be 6 in less than 6 months.  He greets me every morning with "Good morning, Mommy!" and keeps us laughing daily.  He's a smarty pants who is so cute I can't believe he's mine half of the time.

Day 19:
Thankful for modern medicine.  A few pops of the neck and hip and I'm back to normal and not in pain, thanks to the chiropractor.  One pop of pill and life can be normal again when you are sick.  One nice surgery and I can give birth to my daughter in no time!  All thanks to modern medicine. 

Day 20:
Thankful for those who teach and love on my son when I'm not with him during the day. To the ladies that load him out of the car in the morning, to the lunch lady who makes him feel special by giving him an extra cookie, to his teacher who he doesn't want to disappoint, and to my sister who keeps me up to date on his antics. Thanks.

Day 21:
Thankful for my 2 nieces, Claire and Vivian and my nephew, Fletcher.  Being an aunt is so fun!

Day 22:
Thankful for my husband who takes care of us. Thanks for finding those tacos I left in the car, honey ;) 

Day 23:
Thankful for Dr. Pepper or Spark from Advocare (if I have any).  Its what keeps me going some days.

Day 24:
Thankful for whoever is still reading this.  It is quite long ;)

Day 25:
Thankful its only a month until Christmas.  I love this time of year.

Day 26:
Thankful for those little moments in the car and at bed time that get my sons mind rolling.  Our conversations are priceless and keep me wondering how I got so lucky.

Day 27:
Thankful for my in-laws.  I have a mother in law and father in law who gave me one of my greatest treasures, my husband, and they adore my children.  I have 2 sister in laws and 2 brother in laws that all bring something special to the family.

Day 28:
Thankful for my grandparents who can't be with us on Thanksgiving.  They left this earth with people who adored them and faith that left a legacy.  I love to talk to those who shares their memories of them with me.

Day 29:
Thankful for my co-workers who keep me laughing and sane.

Day 30:
Thankful for Texas weather.  Okay, I will bite my tongue later on this one, but its true what they say about Texas weather:  If you don't like it, just wait a while.  Today is a little break from the very cold days we've been having and we were able to enjoy the outdoors.  I just wish the summers weren't so hot!

No comments: