Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween: Must be the year of the Lumberjack

This was going to be my first Halloween to dress a girl up.  Call me crazy, but I've been ready for this for quite a while.  What would I pick?   Well I honestly wanted to make Reagan a cabbage patch doll because she is my cuddly doll but my husband brought me back to earth when he heard that one.  So in the middle of contemplation, Grant said he wanted to be a football player for Halloween.  Ah ha!  And what goes with a football player?  A cheerleader!  And that's how this year came about. 

This handsome SFA football player got himself some new football pants, a purple football, and a SFA jersey.  I got some black eye to go with the costume, but he wouldn't have any part of that.

Reagan was going to be in the stroller for Trunk or Treat at our church, so we spruced her stroller up a bit for the occasion.
Daniel and I were dressed up as lumberjacks.  Actual plaid wearing, suspender popping lumberjacks.  We conveniently didn't get our picture taken, haha.

Grant enjoyed the games and the booths.
My niece, Vivian the Fairy Godmother, met up with us.
The last thing we did at Trunk or Treat was the cake walk.  Grant won a dozen cupcakes.  By the way he acted, you would have thought he won the lottery!

On Halloween, our hallway at school decided to celebrate "Duck Dynasty" style!

Here is all those that participated

Mrs. Kay showed up with her puppies and turtle and Si showed up with sweet tea, of course.

Katie and I got in on the action.

Amber and I were "Willie" twins.
 I got this idea while telling Katie and Amber about this first year I was a teacher.  We were "Prisoners of the Pen" because I was in a hallway with English teachers.
Our inmate numbers were our room numbers and we had tattoo sleeves on our arms. 
 
These wanted posters were all around the school.

Fun memories...new and old.  Hope you had a great Halloween!


No comments: