Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Joys

It was unusually cold and windy for this March day in Texas, but we were excited for Easter festivities at our church.  They had a petting zoo and pony rides.

Grant would not stop going after the chickens.
Who doesn't love a pony ride?
Reagan stayed inside with her Daddy the whole time, where it was warm.
Grant with his basket, ready for the hunt.
As usual, the hunt went way too fast and I didn't get any pictures.
Next year he gets to hunt with the big kids.

After we left, we went and "egged" some houses.  I got this idea off of Pinterest.
Click HERE for the free printable.
It says: "You've been egged by the Hobbs Family.  There are 12 eggs hidden in your yard!  Enjoy the hunt, but don't be discouraged when you find the empty egg.  It is a simple reminder of Jesus' empty tomb.  He is Risen!"

Each "egging" held a different story.  I tried to tell Grant we had to be quick and sneaky, but it didn't always happen that way.  I had to unbuckle him from the car, he threw all eggs in one area so I had to direct him to move them around, then double check that he only threw out 11 filled ones, then buckle him back in the car.  At the last stop, he had fallen asleep in the car.  I woke him up, got him out of the car, and he just stood there with a blank look on his face.  The boy was totally out of it, tired.  So I put him back in the car and did the egging myself.

I received these pictures from our neighbor, Harper.  She didn't find her eggs until the next morning.


We visited Emerson and Evan's house where Grant decided he would throw the eggs.  Right after Daniel took the picture below, he hit me in the head with an egg.  I'm glad I taped them shut!

I heard they were quite excited to see their surprise when the got home.
Vivian, my niece, walked outside and said, "Look!  The rain storm left us eggs!"
Corbin didn't find his eggs until late that night.  He decided to hunt in the dark.
It was a fun little activity that I would love to do every year with my children.  What a neat tradition!

Later in the week, I was blessed to be able to attend Grant's Easter party at school.
Here he is with his homemade 'basket'. SO cute.

On Easter Sunday, Grant put on his new suit after much coaxing.  He is particular when it comes to what he wears.  He will only wear collared shirts on Sundays and when I force him on special occasions.  Other than that, he thinks he MUST wear a t-shirt to school. 

When we got to church and stepped out of the car he said, "I look silly!"  I let him know that there would be plenty of boys in his class with suits on.  Sure enough (and thank goodness) there was.  He never whined about the suit again.
 
Reagan looked like a princess in her ruffle filled dress.  She didn't know what to do with all that, except just to try to eat it.
 

 

No comments: