My birthday celebration was put off due to sickness, and everything wasn't so much of a surprise but we still had a great night out. This is the second year we went out for my birthday and his birthday and I think we should make it a tradition (wink, wink, Daniel!).
We started our night at Texas de Brazil, a Brazilian steakhouse. A place where they deliver fresh cuts of meat to your table and keep it coming? Daniel was in hog heaven!!
Here he is showing the card you flip up to say "Hey, keep that meat coming!" I compare it to the flag at Poncho's buffet (with a trillion times better food)!

After dinner, we went to our main destination, the historic Adolphus Hotel in downtown Dallas. This hotel was built in 1912 and is quite lavish. I'm used to contemporary hotels, and this one had a different feeling to it. Daniel said when we get married again, we will do it here. (yea, right!)
I thought it was interesting how the front desk still housed all the old keys behind the desk.
Our room was on the top floor, the 22nd floor. What a cool view of Reunion Tower from our room!
Daniel brought, what I call, "poor man's champagne". We don't drink much at all and don't care for the tasteof wine or champagne. I was embarassed to carry this thing around the lobby! However, still very thoughtful of him.
In the morning, we ate in the hotel. Here is Daniel drinking his $4 glass of milk. Pinky up!

The breakfast was amazing, charizo and potatoes.
The Welch's Sparking Grape Juice was gone by mid morning, and that meant it was time it to head home.
Its nice to feel fancy every once in a while,
Bad storms rolled in while we were eating breakfast. On the way home, we saw a blanket of white on the ground. This wasn't snow, it was hail....TONS of it! Rooftops were covered. Here you can see some piling up on the side of the highway.

Thank you to my great husband for setting up another great date night.



No comments:
Post a Comment