Saturday, September 6, 2014

Off to school we go...

Before school started, we did the best to cram in as much last minute fun as possible.  
On our last day 'off' as a family, we headed to Fair Park in Dallas to the Children's Aquarium.


 We hadn't been in several years.  Last time we were here it had just opened and parts were still under construction.
 I could have watched this giant snapping turtle all day.


 Reagan was only interested in everything for 0.5 seconds.
 This sea turtle was my favorite.  He had 2 gimpy fins from being out in the ocean.


We visited Grammie and PePaw before school started.  The kids got some good swim time and hit their quota of popsicles.
Grammie and PePaw wanted to keep the water fun going and sent the kids this pool.  It was fun for the kids, while it lasted (big hole showed up later!)
During in-service week some co-workers and I went to "Painting With a Twist".  We had a good time and got pumped for the school year with our new room decoration!


Convocation day, duck face, selfie.  Mentally preparing ourselves for those high schoolers!
Going back to school means back to school shopping.  I do mine early, but had to go stock up at the grocery store on all the lunch foods.  I love my new insulated Costco bag!  Its the right giant size for all my recyclable grocery bags.
 Grant was ready for school to start.  He is in the same 1st grade classroom that I was in.  So far he is loving it!
 Reagan started Mothers Day Out and is still getting used to it, but I know she is learning so much.  It is also giving my parents a little break during the day.
Daniel also had a new day at a new school.  He is still learning the ropes and loves the fact that the kids are actually trying!
I have finally got my class sizes down and diving into the curriculum.  If only I had an assistant to help me grade all these papers!
On Labor Day weekend, Grant traveled with his great grandmother, GiGi, to see his Grammie and PePaw.  He had his first whole weekend away from us, and did well.  It looks like they had  a great time together.

While he was gone, it was a little strange going out and about with only 1 child.  We went to Olive Garden, Costco (which Grant was disappointed about), and moved our cousin Melanee into the dorms.  I'm sure Reagan enjoyed the one on one attention.

No comments: