Friday, June 20, 2014

Cannonballs and Caterpillars

This week we wrapped up our third year of swimming lessons. This is the third year Corbin and Grant have been together for the week!
Grant got to move to 'big kid' group this year and spend more time in the deep end.  He was supposed to be diving, but would cannonball when the teacher wasn't looking.  



I thought it was funny, but he got a talking to about not following directions!
Reagan is thoroughly enjoying all the delicious watermelon the summer has to offer.  I just pretty much feed her in just her diaper now because its less clean up.
My sister got a new job in a different district so she has been busy cleaning out her old classroom.  So Vivian has been spending some quality time with us.
All of us stuffed in the truck.  We were headed to the ENT for Grant and Reagan.  Grant was so happy to get the report that he only has one tube left in his ears.  That means only one ear plug while he swims!
Afterwards, we headed to Chick-Fil-A for some playground fun and ice cream.  Reagan got a free Peppa Pig book and was holding onto it for dear life.  She must have been excited about it.
After having all those kids in one car, we realized we need a bigger vehicle than our truck and our sedan.  Not that we are expecting more children, but we would like the extra room for family members and 'stuff'.  So we bid goodbye to my 4th car in my lifetime....

and said hello to my first 'family' vehicle. 
This was a cute picture I took this week outside a local BBQ joint.  He was excited to ride the mechanical bull.
My scientist was asked by our public library to put on a science show for the kids in the summer reading program.  Unfortunately this was the only picture I took while trying to keep Reagan still.  He made fire change colors, and made elephant toothpaste.  The poor ventriloquist had to follow his act (haha).
The last few weeks we have been growing our own pink lady butterflies from Insect Lore. We did this a few years ago and I still had the net.  I just had to order a new set of caterpillars.  Once they developed into butterflies, one became deformed.  He was small and had 4 wings instead of two. The red color on the paper towel is discharge from the formation in the pupae. 
We let all five of them go.  Our poor deformed one didn't fly away.  I told Grant we needed to let nature do its thing.  Poor little guy.

No comments: