I debated on whether or not to post this, but it was on my mind. This day last year, I suffered a miscarriage at 8 weeks along. He/she was to be due in August, right before school started. Grant had already named the baby "Frosty", which I thought was funny since the baby was to be born in the hottest part of the year! The hardest part of the loss was telling Grant that Frosty was in heaven. To this day, he will randomly ask about Frosty and why he/she is with Jesus.
People who knew the situation were so great and supportive. Daniel and I literally felt the prayers that were offered up for us. We know it could have been much harder if we didn't have our faith and faithful friends and family. Thank you to those who sent us those thoughts and prayers.
On Mother's Day this past year, Daniel got me this James Avery charm that says "The Heart Remembers". I wear it daily as a reminder of my baby in heaven that I will meet one day.

They say everything happens for a reason, and I truely think it does. Hindsight is 20/20 of course. There were 'signs' that the pregnancy wasn't up to par that we didn't pick up on.
In March, we became pregnant with whom Grant named "Snowflake". He came up with that all on his own. I thought it was fitting since the other was "Frosty".
Then of course, Snowflake was renamed Reagan and she just started smiling back at people today. I am truely blessed.

2 comments:
I'm sorry for your loss! It hard to understand I know. I still have the picture of my angel on the fridge and just can't take it down. We will always remember and see our sweet angels again someday. Our lives are full of little blessing though! Reagen is so cute and I just love her little smile:) I love Grants names!
Super sweet post! We love our little snowflake!
Post a Comment