Monday, January 2, 2012

So This Is Christmas - Part 3

We spent the actual Christmas holiday at Grammie and PePaw's home in East Texas. We had shared that news with Chris, our elf, so he could relay to Santa that we were 'on the road'.
On Christmas Eve, we went to Daniel's grandparents home for what I always call overcrowded eating. When MY family gets together, its a maximum of 10 people in a household. When HIS family gets together, you always multiply that number 10 by a number other than 1. Just something I'm not used to. I could breathe a little easier this time as I watched Grant play with cousins around his age.
We then went back and put out reindeer food (you know, the nice mix of oatmeal and glitter) for Santa's reindeer. To our surprise, the dog ate it all! I tried to get a good picture of her covered in glitter, but she was eating it like she'd never eaten before! I couldn't help but think of the nice pile of glittery poo that would shine in the yard the next day. Grant started to get a little mad as I laughed, but I assured him there would be enough to lure in Rudolph and his team.
Grant made cookies for Santa with Aunt Erica and GiGi.

Grant actually slept in a bit while we checked out what he got from Santa.
It took a while for him to get up and going but then once he did, we couldn't slow him down!
Cookies and juice were all gone. Santa must be have been hungry!
Grant spent most of the day playing and pretending with the robot dinosaurs he asked for.
He was tired of me taking his picture...
Grant also got this McDonald's cash register play set. Its a pretty cute set if you have a little one. For the next few days he would randomly scream, "Donald's is open for business!" So he'd take my order, we'd exchange Ronald McDonald money, and he'd yell, "Donald's is now closed!" (He hasn't gotten the MC part down...sometimes he calls it Old Donald's....as you can see we don't go there much!)
"Cheeseburger and milk? Coming right up!"

No comments: