Sunday, December 18, 2011

So This Is Christmas - Part 2

This last week at school, things were off kilter just because our students were so ready for the break, as were we. Then we had a day without internet, and later that day we were without electricity. Rounding up 24 freshman in a pitch dark room for anything over 2 minutes is not my idea of fun.

Grant had his Christmas party at school and was quite worn out by the end of it all. He fell asleep not too long after we got home.




Friday, we had a half day at school and were supposed to wear our 'tacky sweaters'. I convinced Daniel to wear this, and it was a hit!



(Speaking of a hit) Later that night, Daniel and I were on the way to a Christmas dinner/party with some friends and we came across someone stopped in the road (and we were in the middle of no where). It was some of our friends on the way to the party and they had hit this monster of a bobcat.





We had to call out our party hosts to put it out of its misery. That made for an interesting topic of conversation at dinner!




It seems like its been awhile since we have earned our 'family badges' but I found out that was just because we got ahead this fall.




We earned the "Preserve Family Memories" badge by creating gifts for Christmas using pictures from this past year. Sorry...can't show you those! But they, of course, turned out really cute!






Saturday, we earned our "Start a New Tradition" badge (which looks nothing like the other badges, but whatever).




Grant and I made homemade Christmas cookies to give to others. Technically, this is not a new tradition to us, but I like this one so I wasn't going to make up a new one!



Grant did really well until rolling out the dough. I kept catching him throwing more and more flour on it....the table...the flour...his clothes....me...etc.





The cookies turned out so cute, and he did great decorating them. However, we sampled one and they tasted like flour. Yep, the flour invaded the taste. Yikes! So, my lovely neighbors, if you happen to read this, we thought of you but we didn't want to give you icky cookies. So now Grant and Daniel are finishing them off...they don't seem to mind.

No comments: