Saturday, June 26, 2010

summertime

Beauty in the Common Things: Grant was sitting next to me this morning and said, "Momma, I need a hug." Oh my, I melted! If you know me at all, you know I'm a hugger!

Listen In: New A/C running (yeah!) while watching 20/20 about Michael Jackson and Grant watching "The Jungle Book" very intensely.

Dinner Plans: Pancakes and sausage

View from the kitchen window: NO sun room. This was on the back of those and it was really wasted space for us. I didn't do the FULL before picture, but just imagine the first one with a roof on it:
This is the after. Its not 100% finished, but its a good start. There is some peel and stick tile left that our dog Honey is doing a good job of removing (I decided just to leave her to it!). I eventually want to stain the concrete and add a pergola. So later on, my backyard will look like this:
Ok, maybe not that fancy, but you get the picture!

Things have been nothing but constantly busy since school ended. I taught tech classes for teachers and then went straight into teaching summer school. Teaching economics is totally different from what I've done, but I have a good group of kids to test the waters with. Speaking of water, we've been doing plenty of swimming so far.
Here is G after swimming at Grammie and; PePaw's house. We went to see Aunt Erica graduate from high school. Congratulations, girl! We are proud of you!
I bought these new floaty type devies made by "Puddle Jumpers". I love it! It keeps him afloat really well and he can move pretty freely with them.
He's been getting brave. Here he is at the Double D Farm. Look at that form!
Grant and Jacob checking out the Gator at the Double D Farm.
One day D took Grant to the zoo while I was at school. He's a braver man that I, but I know they had good Daddy and son time!

We've also been patiently awaiting my sister to have little Vivian. She is 40 weeks today. Every phone call, every thunderstorm, and the latest full moon has made my heart jump. This is my first niece and I can't wait to meet her! Her and I will be best girlfriends! Expect a big blog when she arrives!
Below is a video taken on the way back from Costco with MiMi and PawPaw. PawPaw turned up some dancing music and we were all rockin' the Tahoe. Maybe Grant picked up some moves from me showing him and his Dad my moves from Zumba....haha.

1 comment:

The Rypple Effect said...

That video is too funny. I swear I heard G say PawPaw was working out. Artie loved the dancing.