So, I've always seen these on boxes and never really took a second look at them. But about a year ago, I realized exactly what they do and how they help others. For each one, General Mills, Inc. gives 10 cents to the place you donate the labels to. I just put a ziploc baggie on my fridge and place them in it as I go. It is a great way to help others, without much effort.
Elementary schools use them, but I choose to give mine to Sunny Glen Children's Home in San Benito, TX. They use the box tops to buy supplies needed for the children that live at the home.
Spring Break, 5 years ago (wow!), I went with a college group there for a mission trip. I had the best time and made some great memories. I also love how when I mail out the boxtops, I'm brought back to that great week. Also, come to find out, Daniel bought my engagement ring right after we got back from this trip and proposed a few weeks later. 
One of the little faces of Sunny Glen that I feel in love with, "B". He cried and held onto me when we left. Come to find out, he is still at this home. Makes me sad to think that. The blanket he is holding is what we made for him and all the other children that week.That week, we also completed this BIG project. Anna (pictured) and I were masters of the hammer when we finished.
They had this huge zip line on the property. Daniel couldn't wait to get up there. I'm a chicken when it comes to heights, so I just cheered him on.
No comments:
Post a Comment